brainwashed

lose your dreams and you will lose your mind, ain't life unkind?

9.26.2006

THE TWO


I think that's a clever name since they aren't really The Who anymore. It's Pete and Rog doing Who material. (along with Zak, Rabbit, Simon, and Pino)

It was the second best concert I've ever been to (Paul's 2002 tour is first).
But the energy was just everywhere. I felt so great and free the whole time. When they started out with "Can't Explain" that was it for me. I was mesmerized.
After "You Better You Bet" Roger had to leave the stage because of breathing problems. My dad and I were both really worried. Pete performed "My Generation" and "Cry If You Want" on his own. We were talking about how this was probably one of the only times he's ever performed "My Generation" without Roger.
Roger came back on stage (saying "Shit happens") and performed really well the rest of the night.
The anticipation of the "Won't Get Fooled Again Scream" was almost too much to bare - but he did it PERFECTLY. I was so happy.
Also, closer to the end of the show Pete did the bird - and this really got to me. IT'S PETE TOWNSHEND.
The Who are such a big musical force. I love them so much and I'm so glad I got to see them. (thank you Dad!)
Before the show dad and I both got shirts so I can remember this day for the rest of my life.


LONG
LIVE
ROCK

13 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

Wow!I have a ticket for the Hollywood Bowl and now I can't wait! :)
Aren't we lucky to have see them live?
Thanks for saying I sounded great, BTW.:)

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

And I hope Roger is ok. At least he has medical treatment on the spot if something happens, he will be better equipped than most people.Surely they have some sort of tour medical team. :)

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger JoeBoy said...

Roger and Pete have turned change into opportunity. I have loved The Who for a long time, I am just happy to see them live again. I will be at the Dallas and Houston shows. I first saw them in 1967. I was in 5th grade.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Claire! It's so great that you got to see them live...even at their age they are still rocking out and sounding better than most of the new bands around today. I saw them at Jones Beach and MSG...also Joe's Pub in NYC -- It was just a perfect week!

Hope you had a great summer and that all is going well for you.

Sarah x

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Claire,
So glad you got to see them live. You certainly have a cool dad.

Cheers,
AM

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Charly said...

Hey Claire!
I see you had a nice concert!!! I was with my dad and my brother at the concert in Ulm and it was great!!! If you want read more visit my blog!!!!
Love, Charly

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Claire,
Sounds like a great show! I think Roger's OK. I'm sure they do have medical staff nearby, concerts have to. There are times when some of the audience members can't breathe because of all the oxygen being sucked away by the whole audience.

I may not be able to see The Who this year, however, as I am typing this comment, I am listening to The Who on Sirius radio. I have a three day trial with Sirius so I can listen to The Who channel! Hooray! you should try it if you haven't yet.

Good to talk to you again.

Take care.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Oh Claire,
So good to see you here.
I was just thinking, that I haven't seen your profile, in quite some time....so just checking in...and...

The Two, really are amazing....I worried about Roger too, at the MSG show. He sounded brilliant, but he was in distress over his headpiece.....but, that is so frequently the case.

I'm glad he recovered, and yes, s*** happens!!!

Stay well, dear girl.....

xoSue

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yes! Super great guys! ♥

Will you be getting to any shows on the 2nd leg of the tour? I'm hoping for at least one more.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger ozzie said...

WOW! Claire, what a great write up on the show. I'm really happy you had such a great experience. I think this tour is something soooo very special. Your Dad is lucky to have such a cool and appreciative daughter, and "good on him" for sharing it with you.
ozzie

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Charly said...

Hi Claire!
Thanks for your comment! I was very happy as I saw it! THANKS!!!!
Love, Charly

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Tommy DisCool said...

Hi Claire, you've been rather quiet these days. Have you run out of interesting things to say?

I posted something today and it's especially for you. It's called Nineteen Forty and Six. I hope you drop in and read it - but hey -I'll leave that up to you. And although I do ask a question, you don't have to answer it. All you need do, is to think about it. Or, if you really want to have some fun - take it to school!

Tommy Discool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home