brainwashed

lose your dreams and you will lose your mind, ain't life unkind?

5.04.2006

Suite: Judy Blue Eyes

It's getting to the point where I am no fun anymore, I am
sorry.
Sometimes it hurts so badly I must cry out loud, 'I am
lonely.'
I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are, you make it
hard.


Remember what we've said, and done and felt about each other, oh
babe, have mercy.
Don't let the past, remind us of what we are not now, I am not
dreaming.
I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are, you make it
hard.


Tearing yourself away from me now, you are free and I am
crying.
This does not mean I don't love you, I do, that's forever, yes,
and for always.
I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are, you make it
hard.


Something inside is telling me that I've got your secret. Are
you still listening?
Fear is the lock and laughter the key to your heart and I love
you.
I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are
And you make it hard, and you make it hard, and you make it
hard, and you make it hard.


Friday evening, Sunday in the afternoon, what have you got to
lose?
Tuesday morning, please be gone, I'm tired of you what have you
got to lose?
Can I tell it like it is, listen to me baby-
It's my heart that's a suffering, it a-dying and that's what I
have to lose.


I've got an answer. I'm going to fly away, what have I got to
lose?
Will you come see me Thursdays and Saturdays? What have you got
to lose?


Chestnut brown canary, ruby throated sparrow,
Sing a song, don't be long, thrill me to the marrow.
Voices of the angels, ring around the moonlight,
Asking me, said, she so free, how can you catch the sparrow?
Lacy, lilting lyrics, losing love lamenting. Change by life,
make it right, be my lady.

- Lyrics by Stephen Stills. Perfromed by Crosby, Stills & Nash


That is love right there

12 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Great lyrics. Do you know that CSN & Y are playing here on July 10th, and I will already be in Europe? I think I'll post the lyrics to You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Cheers,
AM

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

I have always loved this,but it wasn't until I got divorced that certain words really hit home for me more than they ever did before. Breakups. Not an
easy thing.
Good songs to take comfort from in those times.
It's good to see you, Claire! xoxoLisa

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger ginab said...

darned scared there for a moment, Claire. I thought you wrote these. Frightened me to death!

Stay every bit 13 in other words. k? please????

-g+bb

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

cool tune for sure.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger lryicsgrl said...

ah, yes another favorite of mine, thanks for posting the words. I've botched a few of the lyrics for the last 25 years! Example, I thought it was "here is the lock and laughter the key to your heart" Now, it makes more sense; "fear" being the lock and laughter the key!! You live and learn. The old taught by the new...thanks sweetie!

xx

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Have fun at battle of the bands. My friend's band won at my school, whatch was pretty funny since their band was a joke. No pun intended, they were actually a fake band called the rainbow kids or something. Keep on truckin'!

-Kevin

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Is your birthday past or present or future???

Happy Birthday, whenever it is, little Taurean!!

XX

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger ian gordon said...

One of my very favourite songs. I sit waiting for the climax when they all go into the "do do do do do do do do do do do". Have you seen them do it in "Woodstock"? Magical.

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

webhosting

Can I Help You.. Yes If you want to get on the web. If you want to start learning about creating a web site of your own.. go to http://webhost11.com. to find out more about webhosting ... We can help find a web host for you.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Claire!

I splurged and bought myself an amazing front section (row 8) seat for CSNY here in Minnesota in July. My son and a friend are going too but sitting further back in the more affordable section! I can't wait. I've seen many CSN, CSNY, CPR, C, N concerts but each one is unique.

Have you heard Neil Young's new songs/CD? You must!

Love, hugs,
Brina

P.S. School coming to a close soon?

 
At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woke up at 2 am with this song in my head, then did a search and found your blog. thanks!

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I don't normally leave comments, but I just wanted to say thanks for the great information. I have a blog too, though
I don't write as good as you do, but if you want to check it out here it is. Thanks again and have a great day!

Frost Mage Leveling Build

 

Post a Comment

<< Home