brainwashed

lose your dreams and you will lose your mind, ain't life unkind?

11.28.2005

What has the world come to?




I went to Borders Bookstore over the weekend only to be upset with what I found. As I came inside, the front shelves that held the best sellers and new books had four NEW John Lennon books displayed.
I couldn't believe it really. John Lennon is my idol. I fell in love with him when I was in fifth grade. You can't explain John Winston Ono Lennon's whole personality with text on a few hundred pieces of paper. I suppose you can to a certain limit, but you need to hear his voice, listen to his music, and read his writing.
It's hard to explain this in it's entirety. I don't really know how.
I wish people found other topics to write about then the biography of a man that is already well-known.
I do still love looking at the pictures in the new books, there is usually one I haven't seen yet. And also, I understand the 25th anniversary of his death is coming upon us December 8th, which makes the books slightly more appropriate...

What I'm trying to say is, "You can over use an idea until it isn't as special as it used to be."


Alright, I hope everyone had a nice Monday. Thank you for all the comments. I appreciate them more then ever right now.
Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, I'm working on getting better.
<3

- claire -

p.s. Picture of me at the Dakota this summer

6 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, you're so cute, Claire!I liked the picture!
And yes, it's so true about sometimes less is more. And that really,the most apt analogy is also the most hoffific - it's over- kill.When you do something to death it's over kill, but in this instance it's really bad to use this term.But so true. I can't even handle hearing about his death or seeing John Hinckley anymore.It's depressing and horrible. Try to think of other things, cheer up. I put another song up at the blog, it's the blues! Just for you. Remember when I told you about creeps and perve types that were coming onto me?
I wrote a blues song about it last week.So it's doubly funny because I was talking to you about how yucky that guy was. So you heard me talking about it.So it's funny to hear how that translated into music. :)lol
xoxoLisa

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

Shit, sorry, I repeated myself in my sentence there, and let it slip by me.
I was literally laughing about how my
talk of "Icky" and "yucky" man translated into the blues. :) It's funny. :)

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger JoeBoy said...

Are you sure your 13? You are awesome. Great take on the Lennon book. Glad to hear he is your idol. I remember watching the Beatles the first and second time they were on TV in America. It is glad to see his legend has spanned the years. See ya later.
I value your opinion.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Model citizen said...

My son was born on John Lennon's birthday. How's that for a sign?

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Wow, Jess, that's an awesome birthday. Sean Ono Lennon shares it, too. And I lost my virginity on John Lennon's birthday (geez, is that too much information or what?!). I can't help remembering that date!

Claire, this is a very special photo and a special bond you feel with John Lennon.

Love, Brina

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger musicmikey said...

Less is More. I can't remember who said it, but it is very famous, so your in great company. Although I was alive when John Lennon died, it wasn't until I was about 16 when I first started listening to him, apart from the Beatles stuff of course. He done some rock'n'roll covers, it was a cool album, but it was in Indonesia that I really discovered him, and began to truly love him, they say that the good die young, and the brighter the flame, the sooner it is exstinguished.
But I believe John would be happy looking down on the earth as it is now, look at the peace movement now, it's part of popular culture now, the anti-war rallies all around the world attracts millions of people, we are now the majority, people seem to care more about the whole world today, I think this is part of John's legacy. I am truly grateful for what he has given me.
mikey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home