brainwashed

lose your dreams and you will lose your mind, ain't life unkind?

2.14.2006

Factory Girl

Hey guys, hope you had a nice Valentine's Day. If you didn't have a good one, then tomorrow's a normal day again so no need to worry. Mine was fine, definitely better than others.

This song is one of the most important songs to me. I love it more than anything...it fills my heart so much. It's so amazing. I really can't put my feelings into words!

I remember the day I fell in love. I was at the park watching my sister play softball. It was probably in August. I had on a really great dress. I had just bought "Beggars Banquet" and it was on my iPod so I was listening to all the songs. Usually when I buy an album it takes me a while to listen to all the songs because I don't have patience with things I don't know, but this album was different. This song is the second to last song on the album - number nine. It's so special to me. This album is really fabulous, but this song one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

Factory Girl
The Rolling Stones

Waiting for a girl who's got curlers in her hair
Waiting for a girl she has no money anywhere
We get buses everywhere
Waiting for a factory girl

Waiting for a girl and her knees are much too fat
Waiting for a girl who wears scarves instead of hats
Her zipper's broken down the back
Waiting for a factory girl

Waiting for a girl and she gets me into fights
Waiting for a girl we get drunk on Friday night
She's a sight for sore eyes
Waiting for a factory girl

Waiting for a girl and she's got stains all down her dress
Waiting for a girl and my feet are getting wet
She ain't come out yet
Waiting for a factory girl

6 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Claire!

Got to say my Valentine's Day was absolutely ordinary.

But Beggar's Banquet...One of the most brilliant albums EVER. Enough said!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Claire,
Happy Valentines' Day, sweetie! I think your musical taste is inspired- you should see the revolting stuff I had to put up with today at my class party. :)

-AM

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

I was you when I was your age! i was also the kid singing '2000 Man' and wearing The Between The Buttons badge.
Always a pleasure,
Amanda

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger PTfan said...

I don't usually have patience for songs I don't know either. It usually takes me a long time to listen to a whole album too. Unless of course, it's the Who or Who related!

Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

V-Day was ok, no one special but that's ok. Oh yeah, lol, I bought a bottle of perfume and had it sent to myself, it arrived on V-Day, as it was suppsoed to - only it was broken and the perfume was gone, evaporated! lolololol It was like something out of a comedy movie! :D
At least I was able to laugh at it at the time, saw the humor instantly.
Try to do that yourself, when you can.
Try to see the humor in crappy situations if possible, it helps. :)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Hi,
Love Factory Girl.
I think Mick was watching, from his limosine window, as girls were boarding buses from the factories where they worked. He put himself into the mind of the men that were home, waiting for their factory girl. Well, that's what I always imagined.
And, " Salt of The Earth" and "No Expectations" ah, yes, Lisa is right, One of the most brilliant albums ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home