brainwashed

lose your dreams and you will lose your mind, ain't life unkind?

1.20.2006

Neil Young


I recommend anyone who hasn't yet to go out and buy the latest issue of Rolling Stone. Neil Young is on the cover. I get Rolling Stone in the mail, it's my favourite read and I LOVE getting it. This week there is a big article on Neil. I didn't know much about him, but after I read this mini-bio I did. The writer quoted Neil a lot because he interviewed him recently. A lot of the things Neil said related to me. I was amazed because some of the things he stated are things I've been thinking lately, or things that I have felt but hadn't been able to explain.
Anyway, it's a really special issue and I think anyone would enjoy it.
- claire -

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

My fave Neil songs are "The needle and the damage done" and "Old Man", a lot of the Harvest album.
And everything he did as C,S,N, and Y.

I guess I like his earlier stuff more.
But he is a cool guy, that's true.
I used to buy music/rock magazines, too.With my allowance or babysitting money. :) I relate!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I saw a live cut for cut rendition of Harvest back in November when it was his 60th, and loved it. A national treasure, even though he's more NorCal now.

Cheers,
AM

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Bri said...

So glad you've discovered Neil Young. He has quite a body of work and has also devoted himself to his family and does those amazing "Bridge" concerts every year in California. One of my wishes is to be at a Bridge concert in the next few years.

A.J. I have met David Crosby and we have been in a small room with Graham Nash, though not introduced. Graham sang part of "Teach Your Children" directly to A.J., who was the only kid in the audience in a very small concert he gave. They are very generous, warm people with so much talent. I hope you are listening to CSN and CSNY, too!

Love,
Brina

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Tallulah said...

cool! ~tallulah~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home