brainwashed

lose your dreams and you will lose your mind, ain't life unkind?

2.11.2006

Rio

I'm going to start randomly posting the lyrics to some of my favourite songs. These are the stable songs in my life. The ones I don't get tired of and listen to almost daily. I don't know how long this will go on for...but it will be a nice way to get this all down somewhere so I will always know.

Starting with a song I have recently discovered which is by one of the most loved men in my world.

Rio
Michael Nesmith

I'm hearing the light from the window
I'm seeing the sound of the sea
My feet have come loose from their moorings
I'm feeling quite wonderfully free
And I think I will travel to Rio
Using the music for flight
There's nothing I know of in Rio
But it's something to do with the night
It's only a whimsical notion
To fly down to Rio tonight
I probably won't fly down to Rio
But then again I just might

There's wings to the thought behind fancy
There's wings to the thought behind play
And dancing to rhythms of laughter
Makes laughter the rhythm of rain
So I think I will travel to Rio
Using the music for flight
There's nothing I know of in Rio
But it's something to do with the night
It's only a whimsical notion
To fly down to Rio tonight
And I probably won't fly down to Rio
But then again I just might

I feel such a sense of well-being
The problems have come to be solved
And what I thought was proper for battle
I see now is proper for love
So I think I will travel to Rio
Using the music for flight
There's nothing that I know of in Rio
But it's something to do with the night
It's only a whimsical notion
To fly down to Rio tonight
And I probably won't fly down to Rio
But then again I just might

6 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hey cool, Claire, excellent idea for posts!I really liked the words to this! What's partly so good about this idea is that it triggers other people's songs that keep them going, than mean something to them..
I remember one time when we were really young my ex and I were listeing to the radio, and that song "Wooden Ships" came on, by Crosby stills Nash Young.And I was singing along, and my ex got this look on his face and said "wow! Those are the words?!?" I've listend to that song a million times, I never knew
the words were so awesome!"
There are so many songs that we sing along to, and we don't even really think about the words, do you know what I mean? I was singing to Wooden Ships, not even thinking about it,
but after he'd said that I stopped and thought " "Yeah, those ARE rad words!" I'm going to go listen to that. You probably know the words
already.:)
"If you smile at me,
I will understand-cause that is something everybody, everywhere does in the same language." :D xoxoxo

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger robin hood said...

Well, I came over here to say "one day I also must really get to Graceland", only to find your also a Mike Nesmith fan. Me to. I love all that roots music. When I say I like country I mean Don Everly, Gram parsons, Mike Nesmith, Emmylou Harris, and not the fake corny stuff. (Nesmith does an excellent version of "I Fall To Pieces", and there are some great Monkees b-sides no-one seems to know about. I won't ramble on.

Here's a link to the Graceland webcam for anyone wanting to see the King's house:
http://www.elvis.com/graceland/vtour/gracecam.asp
(You have to cut and paste into your address bar).

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Claire,
Thank God it wasn't "Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand..." :)

-AM

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Hey Claire.
Nice idea for a post.
I've got a similar one going on at my blog.
I've invited everyone to share a song from their youth, that best represents what their youth was like.
Since you are in the middle of your youth, I wanted your song. And lo and behold, here you are with this post. Great minds think alike ;0)

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger lryicsgrl said...

BTW, I love these lyrics! :)

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger JoeBoy said...

You have such great taste. Your blog always cheers me up. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home