brainwashed

lose your dreams and you will lose your mind, ain't life unkind?

1.31.2006

Jamming

I love jam sessions. I've always loved watching and listening to them, I'm fascinated. The Dead, Clapton, Zeppelin, Who...all amazing to watch.

But, however, I am definitely new at jamming myself. I'm totally fine with playing songs and singing, but when I improvise...I'm not all that good yet. I am improving though. If I have a riff to kind of base my playing on, then I feel safer. I jam almost everyday during the week and I hope I will get better, I'm bound to right?
Anyway, it will all turn out fine.

This morning I heard about Corretta Scott King. She was on my mind today, what an amazing woman.

xoxo
- claire -

4 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Claire,
I've tagged you on my blog. You're it now, okay? I had no idea how to link so I just placed your name on my latest blog and thought I'd let you know here. Have fun! Can't wait to read your facts.

Cheers,
Anne-Marie

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Yeah, whenever I have a solo at a concert, I usually have a game plan. It is something to fall back on and it is very useful. To increase speed, try playing chromatic scales or something like that really fast, but be sure to use all of your fingers evenly and to get a good sound without any buzzing. Beginners tend to using their first three fingers which is not good. Of course you'll get better. It just takes patience, practice, effort and time. I hope this helps.

-Kevin

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger JoeBoy said...

Corretta Scott King is another piece of Americana that time will never be able to wash away. As for jamming or playing in general. Best advice is play music with as many people as possible. Thats what opens the doors.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger lryicsgrl said...

You are blessed dear girl.
Not only are you talented, but you are thoughtful.
Thank you for remembering Coretta Scott King here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home