brainwashed

lose your dreams and you will lose your mind, ain't life unkind?

3.07.2006

You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go

First of all, may Dana Reeve rest in peace, she is in my thoughts today.

This song I originally heard by Madeleine Peyroux. I absolutely loved the arrangement. Then I found out it was written by the one and only Mr. Bobby Dylan. That was an amazing feeling.

You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go

I've seen love go by my door
It's never been this close before
Never been so easy or so slow.
Been shooting in the dark too long
When somethin's not right it's wrong
Yer gonna make me lonesome when you go.

Dragon clouds so high above
I've only known careless love,
It's always hit me from below.
This time around it's more correct
Right on target, so direct,
Yer gonna make me lonesome when you go.

Purple clover, Queen Anne lace,
Crimson hair across your face,
You could make me cry if you don't know.
Can't remember what I was thinkin' of
You might be spoilin' me too much, love,
Yer gonna make me lonesome when you go.

Flowers on the hillside, bloomin' crazy,
Crickets talkin' back and forth in rhyme,
Blue river runnin' slow and lazy,
I could stay with you forever
And never realize the time.

Situations have ended sad,
Relationships have all been bad.
Mine've been like Verlaine's and Rimbaud.
But there's no way I can compare
All those scenes to this affair,
Yer gonna make me lonesome when you go.

Yer gonna make me wonder what I'm doin',
Stayin' far behind without you.
Yer gonna make me wonder what I'm sayin',
Yer gonna make me give myself a good talkin' to.

I'll look for you in old Honolulu,
San Francisco, Ashtabula,
Yer gonna have to leave me now, I know.
But I'll see you in the sky above,
In the tall grass, in the ones I love,
Yer gonna make me lonesome when you go.

6 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Claire,
It made me sad too, to read of Dana Reeves' passing. Their son is only 13, and to have lost both parents is just so sad.

Take care,
AM

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

I'm still trying to understand how it happened, exactly. I hate to even tell
what crossed my mind when I 1st heard that she'd passed.
They did't explain how how on a lot of channels, so my imagination thought up even sadder things. You know. Like maybe she was too sad missing Chris to go on living, even with a having a child.
Although sadness takes a toll on a person's health, so it may have weakened her.
This is just too sad. My thoughts
go to their son, also. Hmm..it wiould be a nice thing to send a card or letter to the son and tell him to be comforted that his parents are together again and only had to be without each other on this earth for a little while.
Take comfort from those thoughts- It was true love that lasted. :)

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

Sorry it took me so long to make it back here!
I have something very cute to email you - I finally just got a really good picture of Chicky-Woo, my boy cat. :)
He's sooo cute!! He knows it, too.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger lryicsgrl said...

hi claire,
i posted about dana too. we are simpatico.
one of my close friends, went to high school with dana and her sister. she said she was always a nice, sweet person. always smiling.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger robin hood said...

Beautiful song. I only know the Dylan original, from what must be one of the best album's anyone has ever made.

ian gordon
rusty pearl

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Dear Claire, This is one of my favorite Bobby Dylan songs of all time. It may even be one of my favorite songs of all time. Thank you!

Are you going to England soon, dear?

Love, Brina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home